Saturday, March 1, 2008

Marquis: Start Me Or Trade Me

Jason Marquis could not of made a bigger mistake today. After a terrible Spring Training start pitcher Jason Marquis has told management that he wants to be traded if he is not in the starting rotation. Here is what Marquis is thinking, "I love Chicago," Marquis said. "I definitely want to stay here. This is the place I want to be. I signed here for a reason. But I also signed as a starter, and I think that's where I help the team the most. Obviously we'll see what happens when it's time for [the Cubs] to make their decision." This is manager Lou Pinella's response, "Well, if that's the case, he can go somewhere else," Piniella said. "Win a spot in the rotation, you don't have to worry about it. ... I've got seven starters here for five spots, you know? It's a little bit too early to start talking about what he wants to do or not do...He can go somewhere else right now if he wants. How's that?" If i was Marquis I would not of said a single word. I would be happy to be a part of such a great ball club with so much history. I hope Marquis gets traded, because if he is going to start complaining he can say bye bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could not HAVE made a bigger mistake... Not - "... could not OF made a bigger mistake.." come on man, I love the cubs and I check out your blog all the time... you have a large audience, so lets get that grammar up to par.

Anonymous said...

He doesn't know best how he can help the team, Piniella does.