Friday, March 7, 2008

Cubs Likely To Sell Naming Rights

I would never think the day would come where anyone would even think about talking about changing the name of Wrigley Field. Yet here we are, with a new owner, Sam Zell, and maybe a new name for the historic Wrigley Field. To me this is not right, you can't change the name. It has been that way for 92 years. I can live with renovations, which is what they plan on doing, but not changing the name. The Cubs plan on renovating the sky boxes, the restrooms, and the clubhouses. I just can't imagine another name other than Wrigley Field, I am not a big fan of Zell, never have liked him, now I never will, but just think of this, maybe a name like "Old Style Wrigley," or something that keeps Wrigley in the name. I just don't want to be like the Indians and the Mets who totally got a whole new name. Like "Progressive Field", the Indians have always had "Jacobs Field," that is historic, All I am saying is that there is no need to sell the name for an extra buck, I think it is ridiculous.

No comments: